Book Appointment (604) 574 4342
For your first visit, please arrive 10 minutes early as there is some paperwork to fill in. Alternatively you can download our intake form and bring it with you for your first visit: Intake Form Cloverdale Physio.pdf
Cloverdale Physiotherapy & Sports Clinic is pleased to offer online direct billing for Physiotherapy to a number of extended health carriers, see a complete list on our Direct Billing Page
You can download our Direct Billing Form: Direct billing form Cloverdale.pdf
What will happen at my physiotherapy appointment?
Your physiotherapist will do an initial assessment that will diagnose and identify the cause of injury.
How long is an appointment?
- Initial visits are scheduled for 40 minutes, however, your clinic time may vary between 40-60 minutes.
- Subsequent visits are booked for 20 minutes, however, you will likely be in the clinic for 30 minutes.
- Prolonged visits are booked for 40 minutes, however, your clinic time may vary between 40-60 minutes.
(Please note if you have not been to the clinic in over 3 months, or if this is a new injury, an initial appointment is required for the Physiotherapist to complete a new assessment)
How should I book an appointment with my physiotherapist?
- Request an appointment online.
Private Physiotherapy FAQ:
Is a Doctor's referral required for me to attend Physiotherapy?
- Private Physiotherapy - A doctor's referral is not a requirement, however certain extended health plans and private insurers may require a referral to activate payment. It is best to check with your respective insurance provider for details.
ICBC Injury Claims FAQ:
What do I need to do if I was injured in a car accident?
- Call ICBC to set up a claim. You will receive a claim number from ICBC.
- We recommend that you see your Doctor, and get a referral for Physiotherapy. ICBC also recommends that you follow up with your Doctor every 2-4 weeks.
- Remember to bring you claim number to your first PHYSIO appointment.
Is a Doctors' referral required for me to attend physiotherapy after my car accident?
- ICBC Claims – If this is a new accident and you are seeking treatment within 3 months of the injury, you do not require a Doctor's referral for your initial 20 visits, unless specified by your Adjuster.
- After 20 visits, namely if you need an extension for physiotherapy treatment or if your injury is more than 3 months old you will require a Doctor's referral.
How much coverage will I have with ICBC and what do I need to pay?
- ICBC generally grants 20 physiotherapy visits per injury claim
- Approved ICBC claims require a $35 surcharge fee to be paid by the patient prior to each physiotherapy visit.
Work Safe BC Injury Claims FAQ:
What do I need to do if I was injured at work?
- Report your injury to your employer and let them know if you will be requiring time off work
- Report your injury to Work Safe BC:
- If you have taken time off work, you will need to call and report your claim to Work Safe at 1-888-967-5377
- If you are still working, you can report you claim online- https://www.worksafebc.com/en/claims/report-workplace-injury-illness/how-workers-report-workplace-injury-illness
- See you Physician and let them know you were injured at work as soon as possible after your injury.
- Please remember to bring in your provided claim number at the time of your appointment.
Is a Doctors' referral required for me to attend physiotherapy after my workplace injury?
- Work Safe Claims –To activate your claim you need to have seen your doctor, as they have to report your injury to Work Safe BC. You are required to follow up with your doctor on a regular basis as a part of your claim. We recommend having a Doctor's referral for Physiotherapy
How much coverage will I have with Work Safe BC and what do I need to pay?
- Approved Work Safe claims do not require any payment by the patient and generally 6 weeks of treatment is allowed.
Is a Doctors' referral required for me to attend physiotherapy?
- DVA –A doctor's referral is required with a specific diagnosis
How much coverage will I have with DVA and what do I need to pay?
- DVA is fully covered for the allocated number of visits allowed and does not require any payment by the patient
What should I bring to my first physiotherapy visit?
- Care Card number
- Claim number (if WSBC or ICBC)
- Doctor's referral, if applicable
- Extended Health Plan Card
- Diagnostic test results (MRI, CT scan, X-ray)
- Comfortable clothing (Sweatpants, shorts or a T shirt)
Cancellation and No Show Policy
We would ask that you kindly provide 24 hours notice to cancel appointments, otherwise charges may apply.
We do not warrant or represent that the information in this site is free from errors or omissions or is suitable for your intended use. We recommend that you seek individual advice before acting on any information in this site. We have made every effort to ensure that the information on our website is correct at the time of publication but recommend that you exercise your own skill and care with respect to its use. If you wish to purchase our services, please do not rely solely on the information in this website.